Suggested trips - PORTO
Click on the top right corner of each map to see full page
It’s the second largest town in the country.
City of granite, strong traditions and patriotism, it is the port of destiny of the famous Port wine, produced along the riverside of Douro.
What to see:
- Visit the Serralves Museum and its beautiful gardens, and also Soares dos Reis Museum.
- Visit Clérigos Tower, a baroque period monument
- Visit the Sé Catedral
- Visit A Casa da Música from architect Rem Koolhaas
- Walk through downtown, have quiet moments of meditation in the churches and enjoy their baroque grandeur (S. Francisco Church among others)
- Walking to Ribeira, along the riverside, don’t forget to take a look at the rabelo boats where the wine barrels were carried, and observe Gaia on the other side.
Don’t forget the Lello Bookstore! (follow our advice -buy tickets on line)
Some recommended restaurants:
- Tasca de Sto Antonio